Marcos Roriz Junior
I am a Computer Science PhD Candidate at Department of Informatics (DI) of Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio). I received my Master degree from Institute of Informatics (INF), of Federal University of Goiás (UFG). I also graduated in Computer Science from INF/UFG. I have also received my computer science bachelor degree from the same institute and university. My research area is mainly on Distributed Systems. More specifically in designs of Middleware platforms for Ubiquitous and Mobile Computing. Aside from Distributed Systems, I am also interested on Operating Systems, Computer Architecture and Networks.
On the philosophical side, I am an enthusiast of the free software movement. I think that there is enormous potential in collaboration. This potential, makes me interested in developing and contributing to free software projects.
From the tech point of view, I am interested in:
- Middleware implementations (RMI, JMS, others);
- Virtual Machines internals;
- Desktop, Web frameworks and Sensors! (SunSPOT).
- Wiki concept and Mediawiki;
- PHP and it's framework.
- Ubuntu in general;
- Package dependency problem;
- How the stuff happens down there :).
- Version control systems:
- Algorithms for checkpont and diffs;
- Implementations: Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Member for 8 years, 2 months
429 profile views
Last seen Dec 5 at 13:05