top 45% overall
I have been a senior developer with a focus on architecture, simplicity, and building effective teams for over ten years. As a director at Surge consulting I was involved in many operational duties and decisions and - in addition to software development duties - designed and implemented an interview processes and was involved in community building that saw it grow from 20 to about 250 developers.
I speak at conferences, have mentored dozens of software devs, have written popular articles, and been interviewed for a variety of podcasts and publications. I suppose that makes me an industry leader.
I'm particularly interesting in companies that allow remote work and can check one or more of the following boxes:
- Product companies that help people in a non-trite manner (eg I'm not super interested in the next greatest way to get food delivered)
- Product companies that make developer or productivity tooling
- Funded startups that need a technical co-founder
- Functional programming (especially Clojure or Elixir)
- Companies trying to do something interesting with WebAssembly