I am unsure whether how to increase the size of my root partition. The following is a screenshot from gparted.
As you can see that I need to extend my root partition.
My thinking of the steps that need to be involved are:-
- After booting into live environment start gparted and turn swap-off.
- Delete swap /dev/sda5.
- Extend root(/dev/sda3) to the right.
- Reduce size of /home from the left.
- Increase the size of root partition to the right.
- Reduce size of home partition from the right.
- Format the newly created unallocated space as SWAP.
- Turn Swap on.
Is my thinking process correct in this case? I was also wondering whether I need to input any commands like mount or so into the terminal? If so, do these commands have to be entered in the live environment or after I have booted?