wireless info script output: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fhT2Uy5dGd_SpMelj6WcHtGV7xkVKEis
- sometimes, after a reboot, wifi is disabled and I cannot enable it
- sometimes, after a reboot, ubuntu claims it connects to a network but drops after a few seconds/minutes. During the time that ubuntu claims to be connected, I cannot ping 22.214.171.124 and my ubuntu laptop is not in the router's list of connected devices.
- sometimes, after a reboot, ubuntu tries to connect to my home network but cannot
- once, after a reboot, the internet was usable for a few hours
- I cannot reliably connect to any wireless network. A USB connection to my phone does work.
What I tried:
- Forgetting the network
- Unplugging and plugging the router back in
- Disabling random mac address assignment
- Ubuntu 17.04 (normally I use Ubuntu 16.04)
- Installing realtek drivers
- Adding 126.96.36.199 as a DNS
- Changing IPv6 to "Ignore"
- Stopping NetworkManager, deleting NetworkManager.state, and starting NetworkManager
- disbling powersave in /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf
I'm not aware of anything I did that triggered this.
In the script output that I linked above, rfkill shows some blocked devices. Currently,
rfkill list all returns
1: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN Soft blocked: no Hoft blocked: no 2: acer-bluetooth: Bluetooth Soft blocked: no Hoft blocked: no 3: hci0: Bluetooth Soft blocked: no Hoft blocked: no
ping 188.8.131.52 returns
connect: Network is unreachable.
dmesg has different output now then when I ran the script. Now there's a line
iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Failed to run INIT ucode: -110 which isn't in the script output, for example.
NetworkManager.state is also different now vs. when I ran the script. Now it's
[main] NetworkingEnabled=true WirelessEnabled=true WWANEnabled=true