Have an older computer running as a server and has a 3com ethernet card installed. This has worked through 14.04 LTS. It requires 3c95x.ko driver to work and this is available in the 3.13.0-135-generic kernel.(
After upgrading, the driver is not available in current 4.X kernel versions. How do I fix this. Is there a missing repository? Can I copy the driver from a previous version directory? Would prefer solution that allows apt package management to update kernels as they are developed.
I have reverted to 3.13.0-135 kernel and the network card is operational but using any of the later 4.X kernels leaves the network card UNCLAIMED and the server is silent and unreachable via network.
I have the following kernels installed:
- 3.13.0-135-generic – Driver available in /lib/modules/3.13.0-135-generic/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/3com/3c59x.ko
- 4.4.0-104-generic – no 3com driver found in directory structure
- 4.8.0-58-generic– no 3com driver found in directory structure
- 4.10.0-42-generic– no 3com driver found in directory structure
- 4.11.0-13-generic– no 3com driver found in directory structure
- 4.11.0-14-generic– no 3com driver found in directory structure