I've been trying to connect my headless raspberry pi to my Ubuntu 16.04 via the ethernet cable since a week, but have not been able to get the IP address of the connected raspberry pi.
I've tried tools like
nmap but nothing shows up in the result. My Ubuntu desktop detects when the ethernet cable is plugged into pi but is not able to establish an Automatic Ethernet connection. I've also tried to creating a static ethernet connection (by manually assigning IP address of the form
192.168.43.x), but that doesn't work as well because I guess the raspberry pi is not assigned the address set in the static ethernet configuration.
Here are the steps that I've followed:
- Power up the Raspberry pi.
- Connect it to my ubuntu desktop via ethernet cable.
- My system tries to detect it, but fails on Auto Ethernet. However, statically configured ethernet connection works.
- Then I try to figure out the IP address of the raspberry pi, using
nmapor other tools.
- Finally, if I'm able to successfully discover the IP address of connecte raspberry pi, ssh into the pi.
I've read several guides on the internet, but I can't complete the step 4 successfully. Can someone please help me out?