I am trying to move from Windows to Ubuntu. I've find Linux alternatives to most of the programs except for Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) + AutoHotKey.
I am looking for a video player running on Linux and allowing to bind these these operations to hotkeys:
- Save current file path (or track number) to clipboard (or append to a log file)
- Increase/Decrease saturation/hue/brightness of this video
- Set aspect ratio (AR)
- Scale video to 200%
- Toggle playlist, controls,...
- Save playlist as.
I plan to write Python or Java Controller program to control player via an API. Ideally player should have an API to
- detect shortcut key and pass info to Controller
- retrieve information about Player's state
- execute Controller's command (frame step, reset width, jump to 11 min),..
VLC doesn't have change hue function.