I am trying to install ubuntu 16.04 or 17.10 (same issue for both) as a dual boot along side my windows OS.
Graphics: Display Adapters AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics (Device ID = 9874)
Processor AMD A10 Extreme Edition Radeon R8, 4C +8G
- Create New Partition to Install ubuntu as dual boot.
- Create bootable usb and try to install ubuntu 16.04 or 17.10 (tried both)
- On install get stuck at the splash screen.
- Try again and highlight "try ubuntu" press "e" and edit boot to include "nomodeset" flag.
- Able to load ubuntu and install the OS while in the "try now" version.
- Once installed I get the same issue with the splash screen hanging.
- Repeat step 4 and load OS.
- Once in the OS I try to install the AMD driver for ubuntu. http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-Install.aspx
- When its installed I try log back in and hit a logon loop.
I have tried everything, I am pulling my hair out, all I want is a separate Linux partition and AMD wont let me :-( I have searched the internet and this forum. I'm not an expert in Linux so go easy on me.
Im very confused about the the AMD driver I should download and try and install, maybe I got the wrong one and this is why I got the logon loop.
Either way, I have deleted the partition and will try again, any advice would be much appreciated.