I recently upgraded from Kubuntu 17.04 -> 17.10 using the upgrade tool. All of my programs/settings/personalization is ok, but many of the drivers are either missing or nonfunctional. This includes sound (Both Integrated Speakers, USB Speakers, and Bluetooth Speakers) Additionally my USB Bluetooth adapter may be malfunctioning due to the driver(Mpow Jaws Bluetooth Headset Auto Rejection Upon 17.10 Upgrade).
This also includes my USB Wi-Fi adapter as well. The internal Wi-Fi card may still be disabled because I had to to enable the external USB one (Which has a higher range than my internal antenna. Basically all the steps we did to enable the USB antenna (Wireless antenna does not appear despite its driver being installed)
I should note that graphics drivers appear to be fine (At least from the System Settings Dash anyway.... I'm using an Nvidia graphics driver and all appears to be well on that frontier)
I'm still new to the upgrade, if I find anything else that broke, I'll post it.
Edit 0: I should note that the Wired connection that I'm using is ok, and that I can connect to the network from there, and that's how I'm making posts. Seeing a similar question to the Wi-Fi issue I went to (No internet after upgrade to 17.10) and they linked me to (https://askubuntu.com/a/907249/645874) I attempted the fix and got a green status. The issue persists, although, granted I haven't had time to restart the system yet.
I executed most of the lines from your solution, but hit a snag on the
sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ sudo dkms uninstall rtl8812au/5.2.9 Error! Could not locate dkms.conf file. File: does not exist. sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ sudo rm /usr/src/rtl8812au-5.2.9 rm: cannot remove '/usr/src/rtl8812au-5.2.9': No such file or directory sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ sudo rm -rf /usr/src/rtl8812au-5.2.9 sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ sudo rm -rf ~/rtl8812au-driver-5.2.9 sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ rm -rf rtl8812au sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ git clone https://github.com/gnab/rtl8812au.git Cloning into 'rtl8812au'... remote: Counting objects: 607, done. remote: Total 607 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 607 Receiving objects: 100% (607/607), 1.67 MiB | 10.32 MiB/s, done. Resolving deltas: 100% (250/250), done. sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ sudo cp rtl8812au /usr/src cp: -r not specified; omitting directory 'rtl8812au' sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ sudo cp -r rtl8812au /usr/src sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ sudo dkms add -m 8812au -v 4.2.2 Error! Could not find module source directory. Directory: /usr/src/8812au-4.2.2 does not exist.
I also tried a variation of it:
sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$ sudo dkms add -m rtl8812au -v 4.2.2 Error! Could not find module source directory. Directory: /usr/src/rtl8812au-4.2.2 does not exist. sarah@ConvergentRefuge:~$