I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T460p with Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS installed. It freezes randomly, but I can move the cursor without clicking. It happens:
- When searching in the gnome shell (some terms are more freezing-prone than others).
- When working on Libre office
In both cases a CPU usage spike happens. On Gnome shell some times the PC recovers after 5-10 seconds and continues working normally.
I have looked around to similar threads and tried the following without success:
- To update
- To change to NVDIA propietary drivers
- To change desktop environment to KDE (problem solved, but I'd like to use Gnome)
- To disable all extensions
journalctl -xe here (too long to copy here).
EDIT: add new things I tried which didn't work. Posted link to journalctl -xe