This question is not the same as Which type of VirtualBox networking should I use?
Under advanced in the VirtualBox network settings you can choose between multiple adapter types:
- PCnet-PCI II (Am79C970A)
- PCnet-FAST III (Am79C973)
- Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop (82540EM)
- Intel PRO/1000 T Server (82543GC)
- Intel PRO/1000 MT Server (82545EM)
- Paravirtualized Network (virtio-net)
According to the manual, the adapter you use depends on the OS that you are virtualizing.
Therefore, which one should I be using on a desktop machine running Ubuntu 17.04?