I use a dark theme in Lubuntu called Dorian. I'm quite happy with it. However, Firefox seems to inherit certain system colors for its form input elements, making them very difficult to see.
I can imagine solving this in several ways:
- Add a custom style sheet for Firefox to reverse the changes. (I use Stylish, so it's trivial to implement. However, CSS with form elements seems tricky.)
- Modifications to Dorian (I think you can customize a GTK theme for particular programs.)
- Disable the Ubuntu-Firefox-modifications Firefox addon.
- Find a setting in Firefox to prevent loading of system colors for input elements.
- Install Dorian Theme for Firefox. (I'm reluctant to this, since Dorian isn't actively updated, and Firefox is constantly.)
Of course, I also welcome other solutions I haven't thought of.