I use a dark theme in Lubuntu called Dorian. I'm quite happy with it. However, Firefox seems to inherit certain system colors for its form input elements, making them very difficult to see.
If I change the foreground color, I should also change the background color of textboxes, which is fine now, but is light-on-dark.
I can imagine solving this in several ways:
- Add a custom style sheet for Firefox to reverse the changes. (I use Stylish, so it's trivial to implement. However, CSS with form elements seems tricky.)
- Modifications to Dorian (I think you can customize a GTK theme for particular programs.)
- Disable the Ubuntu-Firefox-modifications Firefox addon.
- Find a setting in Firefox to prevent loading of system colors for input elements.
- Install Dorian Theme for Firefox. (I'm reluctant to this, since Dorian isn't actively updated, and Firefox is constantly.)
Of course, I also welcome other solutions I haven't thought of.