Is it possible to set the default window position when an app is opened/launched from coords 0,0 to something else like:
- (saved) - previously opened coords
- (custom) custom x,y coords
- (default) centered x,y of screen
What I've done: I've modified /org/gtk/settings/file-chooser/window-position to (100,100) as I cannot find any other system setting or option to define windows/apps to open center screen. This doesn't seem to affect anything.
Additionally what used to be at "System Settings > Look and Feel" is no longer present which had an option to choose the default app position as centered.
I am experiencing 3 scenarios:
1) Some of my setting dialogs always open center as desired, for example System Settings dialog.
2) Then I have some apps that seem to remember their position/size as desired, for example Chrome, Vivaldi, System Monitor...
3) But others like the file manager, terminal, thunderbird, dconf editor and more all open in the upper left (0,0) coords which places the drag-able title bar just under my top status bar and it is very difficult to grab and re position these windows.
I am trying to fix scenario #3, muchas gracias =)