Before this is marked as a duplicate, I already checked the answers to the other questions and they either don't work for me or are outdated. Anyways, Hello I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and it likes to randomly freeze on me. I cannot open a TTY or even move the mouse... Should I reinstall or...
The basics first:
- What is the make and model of your machine?
- What is the form factor? Is this a laptop, or a desktop?
- Include the output of dmidecode -t chassis and dmesg | head
- An output from lspci and dmesg | tail -n 20 would do.
Secondly, we'll also require information such as:
- Your current desktop version and compositor (Are you on Gnome, Unity, KDE, etc?)
- Your storage.
- Any changes you've made to your packaging system, say extra PPAs you may have added over the course of installing software, and
- Any BIOS/UEFI modifications that may be in use, such as the boot mode (UEFI, legacy mode or CSM mode), etc.
Till then, this question is moot.