Whenever I press Ctrl+R, it acts like I'm holding down the keyboard (i.e. typing tons of spaces). If I press the space bar, it stops.
Things I've tried:
- Different programs: Happens in Chrome, gedit, terminal, and PyCharm at least
- Different keyboard (continued to happen; cannot be a keyboard issue)
- Different USB Port (continued to happen; cannot be a port connection issue)
- Behavior also happens when using an on-screen keyboard
- Booting into a Live CD: Does not happen; therefore I know it has to be some configuration somewhere in Ubuntu.
- Upgrading Ubuntu: This behavior has existed at least from 14.04 and I'm currently on 18.04 (will upgrade to 20.04 soon)
- Keyboard profile: Set to correct keyboard layout
- Keyboard input method: Confirmed set to iBus
- Language setting: Confirmed to be set correctly
- Watched the relevant
/devinput and confirmed there's no signals being received from hardware while this is happening.
I'm comfortable digging through kernel logs and whatever is needed to debug this, but I don't really know where to go from here.