I am a high school teacher and I would like to create a custom Ubuntu Live USB stick to use during exams. I know there are other questions discussing how to customize a live USB but I have some additional requirements and I'm wondering if it's at all possible to create a Live USB that fits my needs.
- The Live USB should automatically log in a user with limited permissions.
- The user should in no way what so ever be able to access the internet.
- The Live Stick should come preinstalled with the program GeoGebra.
- There should be a partition where the user can save documents that will be readable when inserting the USB stick into a Windows or Mac machine.
- If possible, a big timer should be shown on the desktop showing how long the system has been running.
This is similar to the "GeoGebra Exam Stick" that GeoGebra provides, GeoGebra stick does not provide any customization however and it defaults to a german keyboard layout among other things.
Since the purpose is to use this Live USB during school exams, no internet access is simply a must. Is there any way to disable internet access entirely for a user?