I am looking for an application or a GNOME Shell extension which I can use to easily and non-intrusively monitor other windows without having to have them on top in any way.
So I would like it to have the following features:
- The ability to show window previews of windows without having them on top and even showing minimized windows
- Allow showing the window preview in any corners of the screen
- Allow one with ease to view what is behind the window preview on screen and click on what is behind it
- Allow windows from different workspaces to be accessible
- Allow the resizing of the window preview
- Allow the switching on and off of the window preview with ease
- Allow the viewing of workspaces in the preview
I am running Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 with GNOME 3.24.1, is there such an extension?
This would be really useful for when I need to be monitoring a system application or I want to watch a film or a video call while doing work or other stuff and don't want to either have two windows taking up either half of the screen or to have to keep switching between them.