I have a Debian Wheezy workstation, and I'd like to install Ubuntu 17.04 alongside Debian.
I know it's possible; however, I'm a bit unsure about how to correctly edit my partition table so I won't brake the Debian instalation (I'd like to keep Debian because I'm comfortable working on it... I have most of my work tools up and running already, and it would take me some time to install everything on Ubuntu).
So, my specific question is: How to properly install Ubuntu 17.04 alongside my Debian instalation?
The topics I'd like to know about are:
- How to properly edit my partitions?
- I have a single hard drive, 1.3 TB
- I have 750 GB of free space
- The main partition is
- Will GRUB automatically recognize both systems, so I can freely choose which one I want to boot?
- Will I be able to mount the Debian partition on Ubuntu to access my files?
Thanks in advance