I'm stuck in installing (any versions between 16.04 LTS - 17.04 tried) Ubuntu. The machine (Lenovo 27" A7 Series) has as OS CentOS7 (minimal), want to obviously install Ubuntu on it.
What I did until now
- Created USB Stick (FAT32) with UNetbooting and Etcher (workaround on mentioned Ubuntu versions above)
- 1 USB Stick is a USB2.0 the other an USB3.0
- Running machine booting USB Stick
- Installation modes are coming up
- tried to install in different ways (try ubuntu, instal, OEM etc.)
- tried to update the Kernel from
- Ubuntu Installation Screen shows sometimes up (Language) than freezed
Result is still
- (initramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file System Screen freezes with a Flashing cursos at the end line.
If I'm running machine normally on CentOS can't access to command line (to at least work around the system) due I tried install a GNOME Desktop, because of the frustration that wasn't / isn't working.
I'm stuck in a system that can't install a new OS and an OS I can't handle without terminal access.
Setting up BIOS isn't changing that much, just the initialisation to boot device can be managed.
Someone has some proper solutions for this issue, I would much appreciate to finally could at least run the installation.
Thanks in advance.