- Box starts up and NAT interface works fine.
- Private interface initializes with no apparent issues (https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5911bf17e01ba0684ad57950ac186820).
- Guest (Ubuntu 16.04 - official ubuntu/xenial64) settings appear correct based on ip addr output.
- Host (Ubuntu 17.04) shows new network (vboxnet0) with no IP address (https://gist.github.com/anonymous/b2160574c638b27a2a76b6f5fbba03e7).
- Cannot ping, mount NFS or communicate in any way via the private (host-only) network
Had no issues previously, with the same base box and config, but now on new laptop (Dell Latitude 5580) and Ubuntu 17.04. Previously was on Dell Latitude E5xxx with Ubuntu 16.04.
Steps I've Tried
- Latest versions of Vagrant and VirtualBox (.deb downloads)
- Official Zesty versions of Vagrant and VirtualBox (aptitude packages)
- Removing host only network in VirtualBox and allowing it to be recreated by Vagrant
- Made sure firewalls (ufw) were disabled in both host and guest
- Tested with another base box, running Ubuntu 14 - same result
- Tested with a Windows Box (manually configuring interface) - same result