A few months ago I started getting errors browsing the web in Ubuntu. I get the Resolving host error. It's very random, Sometimes I can use the internet for hours until the issue appears. Other days it doesn't work at all.
- Use different browsers
- Replace systemd-resolved with other DNS manager
- Change DNS servers either by editing /etc/resolve.conf and using connection manager (lots of them)
- Disable Ipv6
Thing I noticed:
- I have a dual boot in my pc with windows 10. It works fine on windows
- I don't have this issue on other devices (ipad, smartphone and ps4) so I guess it's not related to the router or internet signal
- When it's working the speed is great
- The issue affects the whole OS not just the browser.
$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
$ nmcli device show wlp5s0
GENERAL.DEVICE: wlp5s0 GENERAL.TYPE: wifi GENERAL.HWADDR: 08:D4:0C:A8:60:A6 GENERAL.MTU: 0 GENERAL.STATE: 100 (connected) GENERAL.CONNECTION: CORINTHIANS GENERAL.CON-PATH: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/3 IP4.ADDRESS: 192.168.0.28/24 IP4.GATEWAY: 192.168.0.1 IP4.DNS: 220.127.116.11 IP4.DNS: 18.104.22.168 IP6.ADDRESS: fe80::ad4:cff:fea8:60a6/64 IP6.GATEWAY:
$ cat /etc/systemd/resolved.conf
[Resolve] #DNS= #FallbackDNS=22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 2001:4860:4860::8888 2001:4860:4860::8844 #Domains= #LLMNR=yes DNSSEC=off #Cache=yes #DNSStubListener=udp
Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface default gateway 0.0.0.0 UG 600 0 0 wlp5s0 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 wlp5s0 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 600 0 0 wlp5s0
I don't know what else to do.
I had this issue on 16.10 and now on 17.04.
Any help will be appreciated.