How do I install lazarus-1.6.4-fpc-3.0.2 34/64 bit on Ubuntu 17.04? I have previously installed Lazarus without problems on Ubuntu 16.04 and earlier versions; but, installation fails with Ubuntu 17.04. Something changed. Help greatly appreciated.
- Downloaded the three DEB Lazarus from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Linux%20amd64%20DEB/Lazarus%201.6.4/
- Saved to Downloads directory.
- Double clicked on first file. The file was set to open with "Ubuntu Software".
- A window opens with an "install" button.
- Clicked on the "install" button.
- Nothing happens, no errors shown, no authorization dialog box.
- Tried the other two files, same result; nothing!!
With earlier versions of Ubuntu, Lazarus was successfully installed using the "Ubuntu Software" application. However; with Ubuntu 17.04, the same "Ubuntu Software" install application does not work.