While trying to install unofficial radeon drivers from padoka, I've ended up with broken package (some intel-related file has been modified by both ubuntu ppa and padoka one). Apt suggested running apt-get with
--fix-broken parameter, so I did. As a result of this, half of my DE had been uninstalled - file manager, utilities, etc.
kubuntu-full package and got most of it back, but something must be still missing, as my desktop (after reboot) looks like this:
- logging in as another user - same situation.
- switching DE to xfce - xfce is unnafected and works OK.
- reinstalling all packages - no difference.
- observing auto-removable packages - list contains 100 entries, these may be dependencies of some packages I've failed to reinstall after the "fix broken". Possibly notable examples: gir1.2-*, kde-wallpapers-default, libvulkan1, libwayland-bin, many python libraries.
So, my actual questions:
- which packages are responsible for rendering the missing elements?
- which log files could contain info regarding this?
Thanks for any help; I would love to keep my current installation and avoid full system reinstall...
Edit, Additional info:
- Kubuntu 17.04
- Kde Plasma 5.94
- Kernel 4.10.0-19-g
Everything else - graphics related or not - seems to work as expected.