I'm trying to recover data from a disk with multiple corrupted sectors. Damaged partition (windows partition, sdb2) in no longer mountable (it takes a lot of time, and sometimes makes ubuntu file explorer crash/everything get laggy), so I tried to use ddrescue to recover its data.
I formatted another disk (2 times bigger than damaged partition) in FAT (sda1) and intended to use it as rescue disk.
I run this command :
*sudo ddrescue -B -v -n --force /dev/sdb2 /dev/sda1 récupérationLog2.log*
after 9h hours of intense work, the console ouput seems pretty nice as it mentions 953525 MiB of data rescued (on 1TB partition) :
*GNU ddrescue 1.19 About to copy 953668 MiBytes from /dev/sdb2 to /dev/sda1. Starting positions: infile = 0 B, outfile = 0 B Copy block size: 128 sectors Initial skip size: 128 sectors Sector size: 512 Bytes Press Ctrl-C to interrupt rescued: 953525 MiB, errsize: 142 MiB, current rate: 3072 B/s ipos: 904228 MiB, errors: 513, average rate: 29903 KiB/s opos: 904228 MiB, run time: 9.07 h, successful read: 0 s ago Finished*
Everything seems pretty good, but when I mount the rescue partition, sda1, it seems there is no file at all. Eveything is empty. Of course it tried to list hidden files with ls -a, but nothing here.
That's the second times I get what seems a pretty succesful recover without getting any output files. Is there anything I do wrong ? Anything else to try ?
Thanks guys for your support :)
PS: here's an excerpt of logFile
# Rescue Logfile. Created by GNU ddrescue version 1.19 # Command line: ddrescue -B -v -n --force /dev/sdb2 /dev/sda1 récupérationLog2.log # Start time: 2017-04-18 09:47:59 # Current time: 2017-04-18 18:52:11 # Finished # current_pos current_status 0xDCC247D000 + # pos size status 0x00000000 0x0160C000 + 0x0160C000 0x00000200 - 0x0160C200 0x02B5FC00 / 0x0416BE00 0x00000200 - 0x0416C000 0x14B94000 + 0x18D00000 0x00000200 - 0x18D00200 0x003FFC00 / 0x190FFE00 0x00000200 - 0x19100000 0x4F570000 + 0x68670000 0x00000200 - 0x68670200 0x00005C00 / 0x68675E00 0x00000200 - 0x68676000 0x00094000 + 0x6870A000 0x00000200 - 0x6870A200 0x00001C00 / 0x6870BE00 0x00000200 - 0x6870C000 0x008E0000 + 0x68FEC000 0x00000200 - 0x68FEC200 0x00002C00 / 0x68FEEE00 0x00000200 - 0x68FEF000 0x0000A000 + 0x68FF9000 0x00000200 - 0x68FF9200 0x00006C00 / 0x68FFFE00 0x00000200 -
PS2: I had to add the argument --force cause everytime I tried to use ddrescue it said it could not start due to ouputlog file already existent even if I tried different, non already existent, file name each time.