I have recently installed VLC. I have found that when I play videos on VLC, the hue of the color of the video is off. I have to constantly readjust it.
Also how can I make VLC my default player for
Ask Ubuntu is a question and answer site for Ubuntu users and developers. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
To change the hue and make it "stick":
1. go to "Tools->Preferences"
2. click "Show settings->All" (lower left corner)
3. expand "Video" & click on "Filters"
4. enable "Image properties filter" under "Video filter module"
5. expand "Filters" & click on "Image adjust"
6. set hue to your preference and press "Save"
7. restart vlc
boy, i never thought i'd need to figure this one out.
To set VLC as default player for AVIs:
1. On an avi file right click and go to "Properties" then to the "Open With" tab
2. select "VLC media player"
3. ...more profit!
Find an avi file [right click] > Properties > click Open With tab and then select VLC. This should make vlc open all avi files.
I don't know about the problem with the Hue. But to make VLC your default player for
*.avi files you can just [right-click] one > Properties > Open with tab and select VLC as the default player.