Yesterday I bought a Dell Inspiron N5010 which comes with following specs:
- 6 GB RAM
- Ati/Amd mobility radeon HD 5470
Because Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't have fglrx driver I installed 14.04 and machine is working fine.
The problem is the default driver for VGA is "Xserver Ati Driver" and I want to change it to "fglrx". Whenever I switched to Fglrx driver, computer won't boot up, stuck at black screen and doesn't let me go to Grub with left shift key or open tty with ctrl+alt+F1/F2 etc.
So far I tried:
- Enable fgrlx driver from additional sources and restart.
- Because it becomes that problem purged it(ubuntu made xserver default after that)
- Downloaded fgrlx driver from AMD support site and installed
- 2.step repeated so I purged again.
Currently I have xserver driver and it has problems with current Chrome/Chromium on 14.04 so I want to enable and use fglrx driver again.