This is my configuration:
$ inxi -b System: Host: balrog Kernel: 4.8.0-42-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.5.5 Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial Machine: System: Dell (portable) product: Latitude E4310 v: 0001 Mobo: Dell model: 0D8H24 v: A00 Bios: Dell v: A14 date: 12/05/2013 CPU: Dual core Intel Core i5 M 560 (-HT-MCP-) speed/max: 1199/2667 MHz Graphics: Card: Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: [email protected] GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Ironlake Mobile GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 12.0.6 Network: Card-1: Intel 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection driver: e1000e Card-2: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 driver: iwlwifi Drives: HDD Total Size: 256.1GB (27.4% used) Info: Processes: 253 Uptime: 50 min Memory: 2115.3/7780.9MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.35
I run Kubuntu 16.04 on a Latitude E4310.
I got some issues with display windows refresh. I checked some resources on the internet and decided to apply the Ubuntu LTS Enablement Stack to upgrade my kernel from 4.4.x to 4.8.x.
This seemed to solve my initial problem. Great.
Actually, it seems it brought some regressions too (not sure they are all linked to this).
Buttons display in LibreOffice are readable anymore (several layers mixed together).
Cells selection in LibreOffice Calc is now invisible.
I get kernel messages and flickering screen when I work on my terminal (yakuake or Konsole), and after several issues like this, my X freezes and I need to rebobot. This is not really predictable.
The last one is the most important issue. This is the error message in
[drm:intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915]] *ERROR* CPU pipe B FIFO underrun [drm:intel_pch_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915]] *ERROR* PCH transcoder B FIFO underrun
Note regarding similar issues on this forum :
- No problem when I boot the computer.
- No problem when I unlock the system.
I found some more or less similar issues on Arch forum, but I guess that Xorg is not managed the same way in Kubuntu 16.04.
Note: I applied the same Ubuntu LTS Enablement Stack on my desktop without this issue.