I have newly installed Xubuntu desktop on a computer. I need to work with files on a NAS store (using samba shares). Libre Office can not open them.
- I browse the network in Thunar and see all files. The are recognised as Open Office files (right icon).
- I can copy files to my desktop.
- I can open the files with gedit.
- On double click I see the Libre Office5 splash sceen then then nothing happens. I do not get any error message.
- When I open Libre Office I can browse to the file with the open dialog but after file selection, I am just back to the blank file.
- I can edit the file after copying it to my desktop.
X-GIO-NoFuse=truein the config file I do get an error when trying to open the file:
General input/output error while accessing run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=, share=".
- I have read about a bug to disable
/use/share/applications/libroffice-calc.desktopand comment out x-KDE prototocls, but that did not help. The question is Can't open files through the network.
I did not try to mount the network share with fstab, since I need to be able to work with temporary shares in the file manager.
Anyone else having that problem? How can I solve that?
Using Xubunutu 16.04, amd64, kernel 4.4.0.-64-generic.