I've been trying to solve this problem for 2 days now for my dual boot. My mouse clicks randomly stops working, sometimes it can be fixed by ALT+F4 whatever Window i got forcued, sometimes it just don't work att all during the entire session. The pointer works just fine to move around tho as well as the keyboard. (All USB)
I've tried 3 different distros, same problem in all. (Ubuntu Gnome, Ubuntu Mate as dual boot & Kubuntu on live USB.)
I'm out of ideas and I can't find much helpful info on Google.
Things I've tried, with no avail:
- Different versions of GPU drivers
- Different mouse
- Reinstall Xorg
- Plenty of different USB ports
- Changing around USB settings in BIOS
- Boot live USB without UEFI
- Installing the OS, same story in both live and installed.
- apt update & upgrade