I am using RabbitVCS on Nautilus/Ubuntu Gnome 16.10.
My external diff tool is set to point to Meld.
From the Context Menu, when I select View Diff against previous revision, I can see the text based diff.
However, when I select Compare with previous revision, RabbitVCS opens up meld with the message "Files are identical". Both panes display the latest version of the file.
The same holds good from the Show Log window: If I select two versions, Diff Versions works fine, but Compare Versions says "Files are Identical"
I tried the following:
- Uninstalling and resintalling Nautilus, RabbitVCS and Meld.
- For RabbitVCS, I had initially used a PPA, but then followed these instructions to install directly from the yakkety repository.
- Installed libsvn-java as per this link
- Created symlinks and downloaded the latest version of RabbitVCS.py as per this link
- Checked ~/.config/rabbitvcs/RabbitVCS.log. No errors.
svn upgradeand rebooted.
- Changed the external diff tool from Meld to gedit just to check if the problem is with meld. But gedit gave the same results - identical files.
RabbitVCS: Default from Yakkety, 0.16.0
Nautilus: GNOME nautilus 3.20.3
Any help would be appreciated. Is it time to stop using Rabbit....? I hope not.