I am migrating a web application that was previously running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. It makes extensive use of
/dev/shm/. I'm finding that the application data is disappearing from
/dev/shm/ on the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server.
Is there some sort of garbage collection that's deleting the files and directories from there? I see that 12.04 is configured with this symbolic link:
/dev/shm -> /run/shm, whereas 16.04 has exactly the opposite:
/run/shm -> /dev/shm. I don't see how that would make any difference, though.
- I suspected AppArmor, but removing it did not change the behavior
- The removal of the directory structures seems to happen every five minutes
- Directories with files in them eventually get deleted, but not as quickly
- I'm suspecting the age of the files/directories affects deletion
- It looks like this guy is experiencing the same issue.