This is a summary of what happened:
- Installed Ubuntu 16.04. Working fine for months.
- Changed my user password.
- After logging out, I cannot login anymore, neither with the old nor with the new password.
- My home directory is still there (so I backed it up).
- I boot from DVD in EUFI mode and login from there.
sudo passwd $usernameI get the error: user does not exist.
- Recreated my user in the
sudo adduser $username
- Now the user directory is empty, instead of being the original one. It seems to be located in a ramdisk (?)
How can I fix this problem? How can I restore the system, recreate/restore my user in the hard disk located