The last version of Ubuntu that works for me ( in legacy mode) is 10.04 with 2.6.32 kernel. Starting with 10.10 and 2.6.35 it won't work. I'm also able to boot Trinity rescue kit with 188.8.131.52 kernel. What are the differences between thee two releases that could prevent me from running it ?
- cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4010U
- chipset: Intel Haswell-ULT rev. 09
- southbridge: H8x/P8x rev. C1
- ram: 4GB DDR3 - HMT351S6EFR8A-PB
- gpu: Intel integrated
- hdd: sshd Seagate ST1000LM014
here's the complete lshw output : http://pastebin.com/FtQBtUxF