Dell XPS 13 (7th gen i5), dual booting Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10.
Wifi works fine in Windows but in Ubuntu it gets disconnected every 5-10 minutes. The wifi icons on the top bar still appears to be connected. I have to manually click disconnect and connect again for wifi to work.
Tried a solution from 16.04 LTS wifi connection lost randomly every 5 minutes.
Did the following steps:
- Got details of my PCI wireless card by running
sudo lshw -class network
- Took the code on the line that says
802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter: QCA6174
- Entered this into the terminal
- I was then prompted to a page within the terminal which says
GNU nano 2.5.3 File: /var/tmp/config.XXibmEDm. Then I entered
SUSPEND_MODULES="QCA6174"and I hit ctrl-X to save.
- Was prompted to say if I want to save modified buffer: i hit Y
- Was prompted
file name to write: /var/tmp/config.XXibmEDm. I am stuck here, not sure which action to take. The options given were:
Get help/Cancel/DOS format/Mac format/Append/Prepend/Backup file/to files