After upgrading my working Kubuntu 14.04 LTS to 16.04 LTS a few days ago everything went fine.
But now I experienced that sometimes (I cannot even reproduce or find any rule for it) my clipboard hits and misses (e.g. sometimes I cannot paste values). Worst experience is with Intellij's PHPStorm. I am simply not able in 90% of the time (no matter what the source of the copy is) to paste any texts.
Only thing I found on the net was the tip to use the bundled OpenJDK which I do to my understanding:
Build #PS-163.10504.2, built on December 20, 2016
JRE: 1.8.0_112-release-408-b6 amd64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
As I do not even know where to start to look out for this issue, can you please help me?
A couple of further info:
- I don't close any windows before I paste
- to my understanding I only have the Kubuntu 16.04 clipboard(s) installed
- there is no remote connection or anything involved
- anything happens locally with my standard user
- I checked as well any shortcut properties but nothing seems overwritten.
- 2nd Linux clipboard (mark a text and paste with middle mouse button) seems to work so far, issue seems to be with CTRL-C/V CTRL-SHIFT-C/V.
Only question here which comes close to mine but got no solution is: Kubuntu 15.04 Clipboard is behaving strangely
Please help, it's so annoying :-(