Here is the setup:
- I have integrated audio on my mother board, onto which my speakers are connected by a 3.5mm jack
- I have a video card with HDMI output (Radeon HD 5700 Series), but I use the DVI ports, not HDMI. So no sound this way really
- I have a USB headset with microphone.
- when logged in, in Settings > Sound > Output , I only have HDMI / DisplayPort and the Headphones. The sound works via headphones, but I do not have any actual audio device on the HDMI. So my speakers do not get any sound.
- on boot, the startup sound does play via the speakers (I can hear the drum like sound!).
All 3 devices are detected:
pacmd list-cards | grep alsa.long_card_name alsa.long_card_name = "HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfbcfc000 irq 32" alsa.long_card_name = "HDA Intel MID at 0xfbbf8000 irq 31" alsa.long_card_name = "Logitech Logitech USB Headset at usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.6, full speed"
aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: MID [HDA Intel MID], device 0: VT1828S Analog [VT1828S Analog] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: MID [HDA Intel MID], device 2: VT1828S Alt Analog [VT1828S Alt Analog] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 0: MID [HDA Intel MID], device 3: VT1828S Digital [VT1828S Digital] Subdevices: 0/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: Headset [Logitech USB Headset], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio] Subdevices: 0/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 2: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0] Subdevices: 0/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
So the question really is, how can I add the built-in audio (with my speakers) to the Settings > Audio > Output list?
The Built-in Audio is seen in pavucontrol but the profile doesn't seem right. I tried changing it to Analogue Stereo Output but it doesn't seem to work and removes the Built-in Audio entry from "output devices"