I have been trying to remotely access my Windows laptop from my Ubuntu 16.04 laptop without any success. Things that I tried:
RDP in Windows: My Windows 10 Home has no option to activate remote desktop server.
I installed realVNC on Windows and the vncserver showed me the following things:
- Connectivity: computerName belongs to computerName's Team, connecting user see this information when they sign in to VNC Viewer.
- Security: Identity check: when prompted, connecting users should check for matching details.
- Signature: 8 pairs of alphanumerics separated by dashes
- Catchphrase: A strange sentence
Tried to use Remmina on Ubuntu - entered the following:
- Name: ComputerName
- Group: ComputerName's Team
- Protocol: VNC - Virtual Network Computing
- Basic: IP address of the Windows PC
- User name: Windows user name
- Password: Windows PC password
- Color depth: True Color (24 bit)
- Quality: Poor (fastest)
Tried to connect... doesn't work.
Installed x11vnc and tried commands like:
x11vnc -display :0 -connect WindowsIP
x11vnc -display :0 -connect computerName@WindowsIP
although no idea where to insert the windows password!
I would really appreciate a clear and step by step list of instructions.