I've already read many threads on this issue but none of the answers worked for me. I try to access http://localhost/phpmyadmin but it gives me 403 Forbidden (You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin on this server.). So I try to reconfigure phpmyadmin step by step:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure phpmyadmin
- reinstall database for phpmyadmin?
- Connection method for MySQL database of phpmyadmin:
- MySQL database name for phpmyadmin:
- MySQL username for phpmyadmin:
- MySQL application password for phpmyadmin:
- Password confirmation:
- Name of the database's administrative user:
- Web server to reconfigure automatically:
[ ] lighttpd
- (only sometimes after choosing "retry" in the end) A new version (/tmp/dbconfig-package-config.vagoAL) of configuration file /etc/dbconfig-common/phpmyadmin.conf is available, but the version installed currently has been locally modified.
keep the local version currently installed
An error occurred while installing the database: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
which is something I don't understand, because I can connect to mysql:
$ mysql -u root -p Enter password: Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Your MySQL connection id is 19 Server version: 5.7.16-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (Ubuntu) ... mysql> use shopware_db Database changed mysql>
Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf is included in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
And here is my /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf (I've modified the first lines because that was suggested in one of these answers):
Name of the database's administrative user (Step 7) at default (debian-sys-maint) no error occurs. But what user name is that? Where does it come from? Can't I change it to root?
And http://localhost/phpmyadmin is still not accessible.