Is it possible for windows to be transparent by default in Unity 7.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS? I used the opacity tool in CompizConfig Settings Manager to set up a keyboard shortcut, but is there a way to have windows be transparent by default?
NOTE: For those who interested on getting transparent window, you might want to install Compiz Settings and its plugins:
sudo apt install compizconfig-settings-manager compiz-plugins
Press Alt + F2, type
ccsmon field to launch Compiz Setting.
On Accessibility section, click Opacity Brightness & Saturation plugin.
- On the current tab, expand Window Specific Settings.
- Click New button, then click + and Edit Match window will be appear.
- On Type field, change value from "Window Class" to "Window Type". Then type "Normal" on Value field. Don't forget to click Add when you're done.
- Back to edit window, you have to set your preferred opacity values, you can set the values from 0 to 100. Less values make the window more transparent, we'll use 80 for example.
- Click Close then, as you can see there are new defined specific settings.