Just upgraded from Ubuntu 16.04 to 16.10. Everything works great so far. Except when I "suspend" it, wake it up, the wifi does not work unless I restart my computer. The strange part is, the icon indicates I'm connected and i'm able to connect to every network successfully, but when I go to the browser its a no go. Here's the steps I've taken to attempt a permanent solution:
- turned my wifi on and off
- deleted saved wifi networks
- added networks back again and tried connecting to several different networks (still doesn't work after this)
- sudo apt update & upgrade
- Go to terminal, use sudo service network-manager restart
The final step above restarted my internet connection and within 10 seconds i'm back online again. However, I don't want to have to do this every single time I wake up my computer.