Disclaimer: I have tried the existing answers to various questions already. None of them worked.
Problem: When I Login to Ubuntu 14.04 via GUI, I'm redirected to the Login page again.
- I'm able to Login via Terminal (using Alt+Ctrl+F1)
- When I Login via GUI, I'm not getting any password mismatch errors. It just redirect me to Login screen again.
- I'm able to Login as a Guest in via GUI.
- Creating a new user and logging in under that one has the same problem.
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.confis not found (only
sessionsis not there. (Identified while trying an answer from Ask Ubuntu)
linux-genericis up to date.
I changed the Login Password as per this. I'm getting this problem after that.
Things I tried:
- Updating (
sudo apt-get update)
- Reinstalling lightdm.
- Installing gdm instead of lightdm.
- Reconfiguring the above lightdm.
- Changing the ownership of
- Purging and Reinstalling
When I tried reinstalling Nvidia, I got this Kindly see more information about this here.
Please Help me out.