Snapcraft kept telling me that the python2 plugin was depreciated and that I should be using python instead. So I changed my snapcraft.yaml to use "plugin: python" but now it's trying to interpret the python2 code as python3. Can anyone tell me how to let the python plugin know that I wish to run the code as python 2?
snapcraft help python:
The python plugin can be used for python 2 or 3 based parts.
It can be used for python projects where you would want to do:
- import python modules with a requirements.txt
- build a python project that has a setup.py
- install packages straight from pip
This plugin uses the common plugin keywords as well as those for >"sources". For more information check the 'plugins' topic for the former and the 'sources' topic for the latter.
Additionally, this plugin uses the following plugin-specific keywords:
- requirements: (string) Path to a requirements.txt file
- constraints: (string) Path to a constraints file
- process-dependency-links: (bool; default: false) Enable the processing of dependency links.
- python-packages: (list) A list of dependencies to get from PyPi
- python-version: (string; default: python3) The python version to use. Valid options are: python2 and python3
That last option (
python-version) is the one in which you're probably interested.