I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my computer but when I try to boot into it the screen just goes black although the computer stays on.
Some information regarding my situation:
- The live-USB worked fine and it said it installed successfully
- I have Windows and Elementary installed on a different disk
- Ubuntu is installed on an external disk (connected over USB) with no other operating systems
- When I turn on the computer, I select the external drive, GRUB loads and has options for the other operating systems.
- This is the GRUB config file for grub on the disk with Ubuntu (Log)
- I have tried using boot repair which reinstalls grub but that had no effect.
- I have tried all of the advanced options for Ubuntu in the grub menu (to no avail).