I'm using a lot "sticky notes" in Gnome-flashback (megacity) which can be added to the main panel by Alt+MMB → Add to panel → Sticky Notes. It worked very well in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS ...
Now in 16.04 LTS there is a new version (3.18.2) which lost crucial functionality which makes it completely useless for me. These crucial functions were:
- preserve content of all note windowns after reboot (in the new version all notes are lost after restart)
- can select text by mouse in order to copy-paste (the new version instead drag the window)
I was trying other alternatives such as Xpad, but these lack other necessary functionality like:
- can be shown/hiden by one click on the indicator on the panel
- run at startup
- should not show as regular running application but just as indicator icon
Is there any solution how to get original functionality back:
- e.g. install the old version from Ubuntu 14.04
- or install some alternative which has all the required properties ?