Unable to Resume from Suspend
Laptop is the Dell M5510 Precision
Suspend/Resume works under Windows 10 and the Ubuntu Live CD/USB image. It even worked the first couple days installed. Then (without running any updates or rebooting), I did a suspend and the resume failed. I get a blank screen. It's running: I can ssh in from another system.
I've tried a number of things from around the web, though my first set of notes I lost when I reinstalled. I originally started on Ubuntu Mint, then reinstalled to vanilla Ubuntu. After a fresh install, suspend/resume worked great for 2 days. On the second day, I had resumed my laptop and started working. During mid-day, I suspended it and it gave the blank screen issue. I hadn't ran any upgrade commands or done any reboots in between, so I don't know what changed there.
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Skylake Integrated Graphics (rev 06) 01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107GLM [Quadro M1000M](rev a2) Linux 4.4.0-36-generic
Things I've tried:
- Created a 24GB unecreypted swap
- Update kernel to 4.4.8 (also broke networking) 761820
- Update kernel to 4.6.0 (this didn't help, and also broke docker) launchpad bug
- Switched from open source driver to Nvidia 361.42
- I saw some post about disabling discrete graphics in the bios, but could not find that option in my bios.
- Some answers suggest doing ctrl-alt-f to get text console and than ctrl-alt-f7. When in the blank screen, this does nothing.
- Tried the Fn+F8 screen toggle (toggles between internal/external display), as well as all the brightness keys. archlinux bug
Run nvidia x server setings and change gpu to Intel instead of nvidia.