I installed Ubuntu 16.04 AMD64 from the scratch recently, and I am facing a problem with the Compose key:
- I am using the Compose key as <Multi_key> for some characters in a
- In the keyboard settings, I have activated the Compose key.
- In my profile, I use the following settings (as recommended in other threads):
export GTK_IM_MODULE="xim" export QT_IM_MODULE="xim" export XMODIFIERS="@im=none"
- The Compose key does work in the Terminal, in particular in
vim, and also in the Dash search field for applications.
- It does not work, unfortunately, in Firefox, Chrome, LibreOffice, and Gedit.
So, the settings do have effect, but not for all applications.
Why? What am I missing?