there, like for others, the desktop is not loading past the logging part. After i put the password appears the desktop background, the mouse cursor and the box with xfce saying desktop starting blabla the usual but then the desktop doesn t load further. same for other accounts and recovery mode.
tried so far:
- export DISPLAY=:0
- sudo dconf reset -f /org/compiz/ setsid unity
- enable Unity using ccsm
- installed and uninstalled nvidia
- installed and reinstalled settings, startup
- update and upgraded the computer
- sudo apt-get install --reinstall compiz
- sudo apt-get install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop unity compizconfig-settings-manager upstart
- sudo rm -fr ~/.cache/compizconfig-1 sudo rm -fr ~/.compiz
- sudo rm -fr ~/.Xauthority sudo rm -fr ~/.config/autostart
- $ mv ~/.config/dconf/user ~/.config/dconf/user.old
Of course, not in this order, just to show what i,ve tried so far. Please help as my means of income is my computer!