sorry if this question was already answered somewhere, but I couldn't find the relevant answer anywhere.
- I have local network of 1 Win10 machine 2 Raspberry Pies (Raspbian) and a Mac.
- I can ping the Pies from windows and mac using their hostname: raspberrypi01.local and raspberrypi02.local (Bonjour is installed on windows)
- I can ping the Windows and Mac machine from the Pies using mypc.local mymac.local
- Pies also successfully ping each other using hostnames.
- I've installed a VM on the Windows machine running Ubuntu.
- I have 'avahi-daemon' installed and running on the Ubuntu VM and the Pies.
- I can ping my Pies via their IP address from the Ubuntu VM but I get 'ping: unknown host' response when I try to ping raspberrypi.local
What am I missing? Thanks!