Are there any graphical tools for creating ubuntu/debian packages?
Yes, there's Ubucompiler:, but development has ceased:
An easy software to ubuntu, debian, linux mint to compile, make, install and create a .deb package
On the other hand, on this wepupd8.org page, a critic of Ubucompiler reads as follows:
Ubucompilator does not add the necessary Build-Depends to the Debian control file so yes, the .deb package can be created with Ubucompilator, but you cannot use the source code to say Launchpad so it can be build for different architectures, etc. Also, the packages are not signed and so on, so that's not the proper way of creating a .deb file
You could try
debomatic. It's already in Ubuntu's package archives:
sudo apt-get install debomatic
It provides a simple tool to automate build of source packages with limited user interaction and a simple configuration. It has some useful features such as automatic update of pbuilder, automatic scan and selection of source packages to build and modules support.
It is meant to help developers to build their packages without worrying too much of compilation, since it will run in background and no user feedback is required during the whole process.
The project is developed by a Ubuntu developer: https://launchpad.net/debomatic
Check out Ubucompilator in its updated version 1.0 beta. A short usage introduction video can be found here: http://www.webupd8.org/2010/10/ubucompilator-easy-deb-creator-10-beta.html
Also you should check Debreate
Debreate is a utility to aid in building Debian packages (.deb). The goal is to make packaging for Debian based Linux distributions more appealing with an easy to use interface for creating distributable archives of applications, artwork, media, and more.
- Changelog editor Script editor (pre-install, post-install, pre-remove, post-remove);
- System menu launcher editor;
- Dependencies, pre-depends, conflicts, breaks, suggests, recommends, enhances, and replaces editor;
- Building a package from a preexisting build tree.
I am using for my CarMusTy distribution.
Deb-Creator is a tool to quickly create Debian packages. The program provides a simple graphical user interface written in C++ using Qt Creator. It uses the dpkg command in Linux to build the final Debian package.
- Automatically generates control file (completed)
- Allows you to manually edit control file (complete)
- Uses dpkg to build Debian packages (complete)
- Converts RPM packages to Debian packages using Alien (not done)
- Convert Debian packages to RPM (not done)
- Create md5sums (not done)
There's Debianpackagemaker, but development has ceased:
A simple and straight forward debian package maker. DebianPackageMaker is a simple user interface/tool to make a debian package easier and straightforward to use and deploy your linux application to any debian based distro.
You can build debian packages using two modes:
- Manually specify the installation directory and the files to be installed in the target installation directory.
- Debian Package Maker will configure the source for you, compile them and then build a package using the target rules.
- Configure/autogen scripts and Makefile/rules is required for DPM to automate the whole process for you.
Provides user interface for package information that will be used as control file to create a debian based package.
It also provides a different tabs for adding package relations:
Can add scripts like postins, changelogs, etc, and it's straight forward to use.