I just upgraded from Ubuntu 15.10 to 16.04, and it drops me into BusyBox with the following error:
Gave up waiting on root device. Common problems: - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?) - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! /dev/mapper/isw_dbaibaaaac_RAID5_2 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!
Here's what I know so far:
- The boot args have not changed from what they were for 15.10 (root=/dev/mapper/isw_dbaibaaaac_RAID5_2 libata.ignore_hpa=0 ro)
- rootdelay=90 only causes a longer delay before the same failure.
- /proc/modules includes dm_raid, raid456, async_memcpy, async_pq, async_xor, async_tx, and libcrc32c
- The only item in /dev/mapper is 'control'
- The system will still successfully load if I select a prior kernel (4.2.0-42-generic) in grub. However, I'd like to use the 16.04 kernel (4.4.0-31-generic) if possible.
Thanks in advance!